Each year this Chapter awards competitive scholarships for college-level studies leading to majors in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Objectives of the Scholarship Program are to:
- Assist in the education of students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) programs, who are likely to pursue careers in electronic defense and related professions.
- Support AOC objectives by encouraging students to enter the science and engineering fields.
- Create greater awareness in the educational sector for electronic defense.
- Promote AOC Whidbey Roost member interest in the chapter activities through fund raising and administration of the chapter Scholarship Program.
- Promote academic excellence and provide incentive for higher education to students in financial need.
High-school seniors graduating from the following local high schools are invited to submit applications:
Anacortes High SchoolCoupeville High SchoolOak Harbor High School** If unable to complete a ACT or SAT exam due to COVID, you are still invited to apply! Please include a short note with your application package explaining your challenge to complete these exams. **Applications for the 2021 cycle must be recieved no later than15 April 2021